APA National Payroll Service is the preferred provider for American Photographic Artists and members of APA will receive a discounted handling fee. APA National Payroll is provided through Smith & Stilwell, Inc. This special member benefit program has been developed in collaboration with APA to keep the process simple and accessible, making it a no-brainer whether you have a part-time or full-time assistant, makeup artist, stylist, receptionist… or an entire staff. They’re ready to service all of your payroll needs.
Smith & Stilwell has been a major payroll provider to the entertainment industry for over twenty-five years.
Our payroll service provides daily, weekly and salaried wages per individual client requests. We offer a quick turn-around of properly submitted timecards, provide direct deposit to all employees & customize invoices and projects specifically to our clients needs. Because we become the employer of record for your employees, we also offer:
• Nationwide workers comp insurance
• Unemployment insurance
• Union fees if applicable
• Accurate withholding for federal, state and city payroll taxes regardless of your location and the location of your crew members
• NO forms for you to file or sign since you are no longer the employer
• Easy reporting for each employee’s time, day rate or hourly rate
• Simple payroll invoice shows what you owe each member (serves as backup for expense billing)
• Checks issued and mailed on your approval
• Complete reports for all filings
This important member benefit of APA National Payroll is so inexpensive and simple to use that many members pay their own salaries through the service rather than going the usual payroll route. It can be used for office staff at reduced rates, is specially priced for APA members at 2% of gross pay, along with employee and employer matched tax fees, and best of all, is billable for each job. Your liability is eliminated, payment is automatic and hassle-free, you completely avoid payroll bookkeeping, and it costs less than doing it yourself.